Customers can check the current opening status of the theatres and box office on our dedicated web page. If the theatres are unable to open at any given point, customers who have booked tickets for events during this time will be contacted by our box office team. Please also see our postponed and cancelled events information page.
Following the outbreak of Covid-19, some changes have been made to the Pomegranate Theatre to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors. Please see our safe welcome back information for important additional information.
WAYS TO BOOK
Please see our box office page for this details of how to book.
Please note, productions for some local companies such as community groups and hirers may be pre-sold by the companies themselves. When booking opens at Chesterfield Theatres Box Office, availability may be limited.
WAYS TO PAY
Online, in person or by phone
In person only
In person and only when the performance is more than seven days away. Cheques need to be made payable to Chesterfield Borough Council.
National Theatre Tokens
Can be topped up and redeemed by phone and in person. They can be used to purchase tickets for most professional live events at the Pomegranate Theatre or the Winding Wheel Theatre.
Chesterfield Theatres Gift Vouchers
From Monday 3 June 2019 it will no longer be possible to purchase gift vouchers for Chesterfield Theatres. However, it will still be possible to redeem in date gift vouchers which were purchased before Monday 3 June 2019. Where change from a gift voucher is due, it will be given as a Gift Voucher and it will have the same expiry date as the original gift voucher.
When booking online:
- tickets delivered by email
When booking in person or over the phone:
- tickets delivered by email
- by post to a UK address (see Fees and Charges section for cost). This option is available until seven days before the performance date. Covid-19 update: Customers who have requested for their tickets to be posted will have their tickets dispatched when the main box office at the Visitor Information Centre reopens.
- collect from the main Box Office at the Visitor Information Centre or from the theatre Box Office just before the event (see the Ways to Book section for opening times).
FEES & CHARGES
The Chesterfield Theatres booking fee is £1.50 per ticket and the same fee applies when booking online, over the phone and in person.
All ticket prices for Council promoted live productions and professional hires include £1.50 Theatre Restoration Levy per ticket which will help us further improve customer experience at the Pomegranate Theatre and the Winding Wheel.
All ticket prices detailed on chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk and in the Chesterfield Theatres brochure include the Restoration Levy and booking fee where applicable.
Postage to a UK address is £1 for up to nine tickets or £2 for 10 or more tickets. See the ticket delivery section above for postage delivery times.
Tickets Exchange Fee
Where tickets can be exchanged a charge of £1.80 per ticket applies. An exchange fee will not apply for tickets that were originally free of charge.
Currently unavailable due to Covid-19
Where applicable, concessions are available to those under 16, people at or over the national state retirement age and in receipt of state pension, full-time students, active armed forces members, carers in receipt of carers’ allowance, carers credit or carers premium (when accompanying the person registered to care for), and people claiming certain benefits. Please be prepared to provide proof of status. Customers who hold a current Friends of the Pomegranate Theatre Concessionary Membership will be entitled to Friends concessionary prices until the expiry date of their current membership. After that date, membership renewals will be subject to the criteria detailed below.
Award letter within the last 12 months from the Department of Work and Pensions.
An entitlement notice from Local Authority/ Council within the last 12 months highlighting a reduced charge owing to any of the benefit entitlements / criteria.
A valid full time student ID card
Photographic ID, Pension book/ award letter within the last 12 months from the Department of Work and Pensions.
Letter / Entitlement Notice from the relevant Local Authority.
Photographic armed forces ID card.
Award letter within the last 12 months from the Department of Work and Pensions.
Unless otherwise specified, offers and discounts:
- apply to full price tickets only
- can only be used once per person, per performance
- cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or concession
- cannot be used retrospectively
Chesterfield Theatres reserves the right to introduce or withdraw prices or discounts without notice. Please note some offers may not be available through all booking methods. Please also refer to the Refunds, Exchanges and Resale section.
REFUNDS, EXCHANGES AND RESALE
Tickets for events with one performance or screening cannot be refunded or exchanged unless the event is cancelled by the venue. Please read on for information about events that have changed due to Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Tickets for events with more than one performance or screening cannot be refunded unless the event is cancelled by the venue. However, excluding our Pantomime*, where customers give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice before the event start time, ticket(s) can be exchanged for another seat within the same performance or an alternative performance/screening of the same production/film. An exchange fee will apply to each ticket. Credit will not be given when the replacement ticket(s) is of a lower value. If the replacement ticket is of a higher value then the difference must be paid. It is not possible to exchange one ticket for multiple tickets. Please refer to the Booking Fees and Charges section for further details. *Please note that exchanges are not available on the Christmas Pantomime at the Pomegranate Theatre which runs annually from December to January.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus update)
A number of events have been cancelled or postponed due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. A list of events that have changed can be found on our summary of postponed and cancelled events.
What happens if I have booked for an event that has been cancelled?
Customers who have booked for an event which has been cancelled will be offered a refund. Refunds are usually available up until 28 days after the original event date, but due to the current circumstances, refunds will be available for up to 12 weeks after the original event date. As we are experiencing a high call volume, please do not call us about a cancelled event unless we have requested that you do so.
What happens if I have booked for an event that has been rescheduled?
If the event you have booked for has been rescheduled and you can make the new date then please retain your ticket(s) for use on the new date unless specified otherwise. If you opted for ticket collection when you booked, and you haven’t yet collected your ticket(s) then you can collect them from the Visitor Information Centre.
Any reservations that have been made for a rescheduled event will be carried over to the new date.
If you can't make the new date, please call us on 01246 345 222, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the pantomime, you must contact us by Wed 31 March 2021. For all other events, you must contact us at least 8 weeks before the new event takes place. If we don't hear from you by these dates then we will assume that you are going to attend the new date and you will not be able to receive a refund for your ticket(s).
We are committed to giving you a warm welcome and making your visit as comfortable as possible. Please inform the Box Office if you need any assistance.
Wheelchair spaces can be booked online, over the phone or in person. Both venues have designated spaces in the stalls/auditorium for wheelchair users. Wheelchair users must be accompanied by a companion, who will be given one free ticket. Please inform the Box Office when booking if you are a wheelchair user.
For customers with other access needs, we offer one free ticket for essential companions only. This is available when booking in person or over the phone. Please be aware that we will require information about your access needs when a booking is made.
Children are welcome at the Pomegranate Theatre and Winding Wheel Theatre. Please see individual shows for guidance on age restrictions.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- All children regardless of age, must have a ticket for the performance
- Babies up to one year old can sit on a guardian's knee at no charge and will be issued a free ticket
- Any child aged one year or above will be required to have a paid ticket
- A limited number of booster seats are available at the Pomegranate Theatre on request
FRIENDS OF THE POMEGRANATE THEATRE
Friends of the Pomegranate Theatre is a paid membership scheme to which customers will need to renew their membership every 12 months. Friends tickets can be booked in person or over the phone. When you are buying a new membership or making a renewal, the expiry willl always be set as the last day of the month in which you are making the purchase.
Member benefits include:
- 20% off selected dramas and the annual pantomime at the Pomegranate Theatre
- Special rates for selected live events including ballets and concerts at the Pomegranate Theatre
- 50p off tickets for films at the Pomegranate Theatre which are part of Pomegranate Screenings
- 10% off most satellite broadcasts at the Pomegranate Theatre
- Priority booking for selected events which will be announced via eNewsletter, in the Chesterfield Theatres Brochure and online at www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk.
- Reserve tickets for all events at the Pomegranate Theatre and Winding Wheel (see the Reservations section for further details)
- Free parking pass for evening events that have Friends discount and start after 6pm. The free parking passes are valid in Chesterfield Borough Council car parks without a barrier including Holywell Cross.
The price for an annual membership is £15, £10 for a concession and £5 for under 18s.
If you would like to join as a new member or renew your membership, please contact the Chesterfield Theatres Box Office on 01246 345 222.
Events on which the Friends of the Pomegranate Theatre membership discount is valid can be found in the Chesterfield Theatres Brochure and online at chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk/membership.
All customers must have a valid ticket which will be checked at the door. Please have your ticket ready for inspection.
Chesterfield Theatres reserves the right to:
- refuse admission if customers do not have a valid ticket and customers should keep personal possessions to a minimum.
- provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- conduct security searches, such as bag searches
- refuse admission or request a customer leaves the venue and take action to enforce this
- refuse entry if customers are carrying food or beverages
- refuse to serve customers alcohol if, in our reasonable opinion, we believe they are intoxicated or likely to become intoxicated if we serve them further alcoholic beverages.
- make necessary changes to the advertised programme without prior notice.